For a limited time OrchidWiz is giving a discount of 20% to orchid-business users including employees of nurseries and orchid-supply businesses. This offer expires September 30.
Encyclopedia 4.0 was just released. In the past three weeks the program has been installed in almost 500 computers and so far it has received outstanding feedback. To take advantage of the 20% discount please follow these steps:
1) Navigate to http://www.orchidwiz.com/servlet/Detail?no=2
2) Click “Add To Shopping Cart”
3) Select “Check Out”
4) Click “I am a new customer and continue”
5) Enter your name, name of the business, and address information. At the end of this screen enter “BUSINESS” where it says promotion code.
6) The system will take 20% off, reducing the price by $49.
If you have high-speed internet you may also download a PowerPoint demo available at www.orchidwiz.com by clicking the respective link on the right hand side above the address.
Over 200 AOS Judges and more than 150 orchid nurseries currently use OrchidWiz Encyclopedia. For this latest release we received 13,000 photos contributed by volunteers including thousands of photos of awarded plants. For the list of sources used in OrchidWiz please consult the web page www.orchidwiz.com.
New in OrchidWiz Encyclopedia 4.0:
- The user interface has been completely re-written to implement navigation via a tab control and also to resize each analysis window to fit in a 1024 x 768 or greater screen resolution. This allows for more viewing space which was needed to expand functionality.
- About 20,500 orchid images, versus the previous 8,500. The list of images includes over 13,000 contributed by volunteers. Volunteers contributed only photos which they themselves took (every volunteer signed a release form). The list includes 2,500 photos of awarded cultivars which are now featured in the Awards window.
- Comprehensive species taxonomic and culture data from Charles Baker.
- Ability to search the titles of articles in the AOS Orchids and Orchid Digest bulletins.
- Hybridizers’ (Originators’) full names and addresses. Also, users now have the ability to list all other orchids hybridized by the same person.
- The “Gallery” analysis, previously only accessed from the Offspring window, has now been included in several other places throughout the program. For example, the user can now display a gallery of orchids hybridized by a certain person.
- Pronunciations for genera and common species names.
- Compare hybrid photo with photos of top species in the background, all in the same screen.
- Many new reports were added, especially for those analyses called “List Most…” accessed from the top menu.
- Ability to print selected awards only.
- Genealogy pie charts for unregistered hybrids (called from “Find Cross”).
- Information about photo contributors (where provided): name, company, etc.
- Green-pod harvest times.
- Slide show, accessed from the Gallery window or from the Image Search window.
- All awards up to and including the AOS Awards Quarterly March 2007.
All registrations up to and including the March-April 2007 International Register of Orchid Hybrids (Sander’s).
We urge you to take advantage of this opportunity.
- The team at OrchidWiz