Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Wealth of orchid varieties is down to busy bees and helpful fungi, says study

Scientists have discovered why orchids are one of the most successful groups of flowering plants - it is all down to their relationships with the bees that pollinate them and the fungi that nourish them. The study, published tomorrow in The American Naturalist, is the culmination of a ten-year research project in South Africa involving researchers from Imperial College London, the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, and other international institutions.
http://www.sciencecentric.com/news/11013110-wealth-orchid-varieties-is-down-busy-bees-helpful-fungi-says-study.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I constantly emailed this webpage post page to all my associates, since if like to read
it after that my friends will too.

Take a look at my page :: industrial rfid, ,

Anonymous said...

I got this web page from my pal who informed me about this web page and at the moment this time I am browsing this site and reading
very informative posts at this time.

Also visit my weblog ... car scratch repair Wynyard - -